Friday, July 13, 2007

my rights versus yours.

I got a new job. It's at this classy, upscale restaurant called Moxie's. It's right downtown on the C-Train line. It's a pretty much fantastic location. The pay is pretty sweet. For a starting position as a Host, I've never once made this much money in my life. I had to sell my soul in PEI and work at a call centre, and here I'm starting off at several dollars more. Huzzah! The only thing better than the location and the pay is the actual job. I honestly love it. It's pretty easy, nothing too complicated, and the people I've met there already are unreal. So freaking friendly and outgoing. I think I may finally start to make some friends in this city. In case you didn't know, I still don't have any friends here. I mean, I'm friends with the people from American Eagle (aka my other job), but it ends there. There's nothing after work, and between you and I (and all the other people of the internets), there are a few people who work there that I would never be friends with in real life. Then there's Voldemort*. This real piece of work assistant manager. I can't stand her. It's funny because I really wanted to work at AE in the beginning. I love the clothes. They play cool music. The discount is phenomenal. The other day I was working with 3 other people that I like and it was like a night and day difference to when I have to work with Voldemort*.

I'm all registered for school. I'm very nervous and anxious. What's it going to be like? Am I going to meet anyone? Ugh.

I love the Stampede. I went last week to the parade, then the midway, then the chuck wagon races and finally the grand stand show. So much fun.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out this week, and while I'm very much excited to see it, it's nothing compared to how ecstatic I am about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

*I don't really work with Voldemort. But we get along like Harry and Voldemort do. Clearly I'm Harry.