Wednesday, November 14, 2007

mr. brightside

Let me just preface this by saying that I know no one reads this blog, but oh well. Anyway, I've always thoroughly enjoyed The Killers. Albeit, I tend to prefer their synth-indie rock versus their straight up indie rock and roll. Nevertheless, I have always enjoyed Mr. Brightside, mainly because, upon closer examination of my life, I have always been a "Mr. Brightside." Aside from liking The Killers, I also like remixes. Not just gangsta-rap remixes via J. Lo, but actual electronic remixes. I am rather picky about which remixes I like though, which makes it hard for me to find remixes I approve of, because most of them I don't. I tend to like remixes that elaborate on the original and perhaps give it that extra something it's missing. And I hate remixes that are just thump-thump club hopping remixes. Where is this post going, you may ask yourself? (All 0 people who read this, hahaha). Well yesterday while listening to the new Killers album "Sawdust" I finally experienced Jacque Lucont's Thin White Duke remix of Mr. Brightside. In a word? It's Heaven. Please listen to it. It's almost 10 minutes long, but trust me, it's worth every second.