Wednesday, September 21, 2011

michigan left.

Moxie's has been a big part of my life for the past 4 years now. Since moving to Calgary it's given me so many opportunities — opportunities I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. I truly believe in the core values and beliefs the company promotes; and it really does feel like I was adopted into a family. I've gotten to meet so many people, some of whom have become amazing friends to me. I've gotten to do and learn things that I would never have experienced anywhere else. I've even gotten to live out a lifelong childhood dream with them. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut, and my backup career was radio DJ. Hahaha. I realize how much of a nerd that makes me, but getting to be in control of the entire Moxie's playlist across the country was a way of living that dream of mine.

It's been 4 years and 2 months since I decided to apply at Moxie's. I didn't realize how much the course of my life would change just by the simple act of filling out an application. Had I not done it, I would never have realized how much I enjoyed working in restaurants and my life would have gone in a different, potentially less rewarding, direction. My experience with Moxie's made me realize the goal I want in my life, for now at least.

I am excited to start a new part of my life, and I am incredibly nervous as well. My only emotion stronger than nervousness right now is sadness. I admit it. I'm sad to leave Moxie's. It's like filing for divorce. You know you cannot keep going, but accepting that it's over is hard.