Saturday, December 31, 2011

outside the lines.

So, now that 2011 is about to end I thought it would be smart to post my favourite tracks from the past year. So, without further ado, here they are:

20. Mac Miller - Knock Knock
19. Beyoncé - Love On Top
18. Kristina Marie - Co-Pilot (feat. Laza Morgan)
17. Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
16. Outasight - Tonight Is the Night
15. Eliza Dolittle - Mr. Medicine
14. Chromeo - When the Night Falls (feat. Solange Knowles)
13. Peter, Bjorn & John - Second Chance
12. Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow (feat. Juicy J, Snoop Dogg & T-Pain) [G-Mix]
11. Wolf Gang - The King and All His Men

10. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
For my first "explanation" song I thought I'd put this out there: When it comes to music, I am ahead. I start listening to songs before most people know they exist and wear them out by the time they become massive hits. I started listening to Party Rock Anthem in January - almost a whole year ago. For most, this song hit it's peak in the summer. I'm so ahead of the trends, it's scary. I practically set them.

9. Katy Perry - Firework
Is this song cheesy? Hell ya it is. But, it's a great track and it made me feel somewhat more at ease last January when I was taken out of my comfort zone safety bubble.

8. Joe Jonas - Just In Love (feat. Lil Wayne)
The single most surprising song of the whole year.

7. Chris Brown - She Ain't You
I love the MJ sample in this song. It makes Chris Brown seem more... Human.

6. Smokey Robotic - Outside the Lines (Uptown)
I like that I can say Lindsay Lohan introduced me to this song.

5. Matt & Kim / Andrew WK / Souljaboy - I'm a Goner
My mind still blows up every time I hear this song.

4. Transit - Calgary (feat. Jann Arden)
Has Calgary become my new, adoptive home? Hell ya it has. It's taken a lot of time for me to be able to say this, but I love this city.

3. Britney Spears - Til The World Ends
By far, my single most instantly loved Britney track in YEARS.

2. Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle
I first heard this song when, at the time, my whole life was changing due to work. Now, it'll always remind me of the month of September when I was nervous and anxious.

1. Foster the People - Helena Beat
I, being the indie guru that I am, started listening to Foster the People's Pumped Up Kicks last December, 2010. Again -- I am so far ahead of the trends it's scary. While most people this year were obsessing over Kicks, I was jamming out to Helena Beat. When they released their EP in February, it immediately caught my attention and midway through my first listen, I had to hit the repeat button on my iPod to keep the song cranking.