Thursday, April 27, 2006

under the iron sea.

So last week I had enough hair to get a fro started, so I figured I should do something about it. No, I didn't go all the way and get an afro, instead I decided to get a normal hair cut. As it turns out, I was helped by a completely inept hairdresser. She gave me a mini mullet. The back of my hair was grotesque, so ridiculously long it wasn't even funny. OK, it wasn't that long, but still, I was one foot in Mulletville. So today I decided to go do something about it. I went back and asked them to shorten the back, you know, make it normal. Oh they shortened the back alright. Instead of having a mini mullet, I now have a mini mushroom cut! They took way too much off the back and sides, and left the top of my head disproportional to the rest. Humbug! I may go back and ask them to trim the top. In any case, middle to end of June I plan on chopping off all my hair; as in super short. I may even ask them to shorten it in sections, so that I can get pictures of a Mohawk first. Normally I look terrible with super short hair; I'm thinking it's my chubby face that makes me look gross. Hopefully though, if I stick to my plan, I should have lost copious amounts of weight by then, so having short hair won't look bad. In the mean time, I'm thinking I'll be wearing lots of hats...