Friday, December 21, 2007

consolation prizes.

So 2007 is wrapping up, thank God.
It's been....... interesting, to say the least.
From some of my highest highs, to dirt scraping and unbearable lows. From finding comfort in the tried and true, to being thrown into the new and mysterious. 2007, it's been fun but it's time for you to move along.

I finally finished my finals earlier this week. I feel like I was the very last person on the planet still writing, sheesh. I've only gotten one mark back, and based on the marks I received throughout the course and what my overall grade was, I would have gotten 87% on the final... so A-. I don't know how I managed to do that. We'll see how I did in my other classes.

Changing topics, since 2007 is coming to an end I thought I'd compile a list of my favourite songs of the year. And no, neither Gimme More nor Girlfriend were it.

1. Umbrella - Rihanna feat. Jay-Z: Yeah. This seems a little random, but I think it was my favourite song of the year.
2. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne: Hahahahaha. No comment.
3. Be Good (RAC Mix) - Tokyo Police Club: This is the song that started my obsession with TPC and I think it's nothing short of incredible.
4. The Con - Tegan and Sara: Man, this song was like a breath of fresh air after being in a smoke filled room when I first heard it.
5. Paper Planes - M.I.A.: Boyz was really annoying at first listen, but when heard in the context of Kala, I can tolerate it. However, among some sweet tracks like Jimmy and Bamboo Banga, Paper Planes was the stand-out on Kala.
6. No Cars Go - Arcade Fire: The break down at the 3 minute mark in this song is unbelievable.
7. 1234 - Feist: I thought "My Moon My Man" was good, but when The Reminder came out and I heard this song it was love at first listen.
8. Elevator Love Letter - Stars: This song is really old, but it came to me in a time of need.
9. Gimme More - Britney Spears: Need I try to explain this?
10. Dance Floor Anthem - Good Charlotte: Ewwwww, Good Charlotte. I know. But the bridge at 2:28 is musical ecstasy.

Other shout-outs include: Gatheration by Lady Sovereign, D.A.N.C.E. by Justice, Ruby by Kaiser Chiefs, LDN by Lily Allen, I Still Remember by Bloc Party, The Heinrich Maneuver by Interpol, Good Life by Kanye West and T-Pain, The Way I Are by Timbaland, and Give It a Night by Bella.