Monday, December 31, 2007

flux.




So....two thousand and seven has a measly 1,430 minutes left before it wheezes its last breath and is erased from our memories. Typically, at the end of every calendar year people tend to make empty promises to themselves in the hopes that they'll follow through with them and improve their lives. Sometimes people even tell others these promises, in an effort to force themselves into keeping them. So, without further ado I will give you my own resolutions for two thousand and eight. I only have 2, one of which is a vague and abstract choice, while the other is not.

1. To finally become the person I wish to become.
2. From a financial standpoint, to actually use my gym membership I pay for each month. It costs $20 per visit if you are a guest, and therefore I need to go at least 3 times a month in order to break even. Therefore, I need to make sure I go at least once a week, or 4 times a month, in order for it to represent a savings and not the become the financial loss it's turned into. I'm not talking about a resolution centred around "more exercise" or "loosing those pounds" but one that revolves around no longer taking a monetary hit because of something I don't use.

As for my final, music related thought of 2007? The song "Flux" by Bloc Party is one damn good song.