Friday, December 31, 2010

today was a fairytale.

With 2010 closing in a few hours I thought now would be a good time to post my 10 favourite songs of the past year.

10. Justin Bieber - Baby (feat. Ludacris)
I wrote my last ever academic paper on this song. I love the Biebs - even got to see him in concert.

9. Dev - Bass Down Low (feat. The Cataracs)
I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW. Just when I thought I could finally hang up the last of my hipster lifestyle with Ed Banger Records last dying breath, Dev & the Cataracs show up and restore my faith in indie electronic rap styling.

8. Kids of 88 - San Fran
A friend sent me this song. I really like it. Plus, a part of me has always wanted to go to San Fran.

7. Rihanna - Rude Boy
I dig it.

6. Taylor Swift - Today Was a Fairytale
Eff I love Taylor Swift.

5. Matt & Kim - AM/FM Sound
The new Matt & Kim is so friggin awesome. AM/FM Sound is my favourite off the new album.

4. Mission District - Just Don't Feel the Same
Yeah. Canadian indie bands strike again!

3. Tokyo Police Club - Boots of Danger (Wait Up)
So, I've loved TPC for years now, and they've played countless shows in Calgary since I moved here 3 years ago. But, I've never had the chance to see them play. Until this past September. Their show was the single best show I've been to in years. Since THT played at the Den in my 2nd year, or since I went to see Smothered in Hugs right before leaving P.E.I.

2. Cut Copy - Take Me Over
I have so much love for this song. I'm so stoked for Zonoscope to come out in February.

1. Vampire Weekend - Giving Up the Gun
This song served as a quasi-backdrop for my visit back to P.E.I. this summer and it helped provide a lot of closure for that part of my life.