Saturday, September 01, 2007

cold as fire.

So in the 24 hours since Britney's comeback single made it's way onto the internet and subsequently onto my iTunes, I've listened to it a massive 61 times. In less than 24 hours. Wow. I think that's the most I've ever listened to a song all at once, even topping out Girlfriend and Hips Don't Lie, which have been played (according to iTunes) 222 and 295 times, respectively.

From what I've gathered on the internets, MTV played it for will.i.am who said it was fantastic. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive. On the radio station it premiered on last night in New York, it went to #1 on their daily countdown by noon the following day. It's already the 78th most played song of the week on US radio after less than 24 hours. ZING! I think we have a hit and return to form. Huzzah!