Saturday, January 03, 2009

postcards from far away.

So, 2009 is upon us and I have yet to blog. Oops. I'll post about my new years resolutions soon (and don't worry, they're actually kind of normal), and I'll make my yearly "best tracks of 2008" post soon as well. In the meantime, I guess a life update?

I just got back the other day from skiing in the Rockies. Spent 2 days at Sunshine and 1 day at Lake Louise. The second night featured a snow storm which led to Sunshine receiving 20 cm of fresh powder. Oh man, skiing on 20 cm of fresh powder is unbelievable. Fantastic, really. Lake Louise on the 3rd day sucked because they didn't have enough snow to cover a lot of their runs, so there was a fair bit of rock still laying around. I was told by some of the people who work there that they tend to get more snow later in the season as compared to now. Oh well, maybe it's for the best they didn't have the nicest runs this time of year because I was exhausted by the 3rd day. We got about 6 runs in the whole day due to us being so tired. I don't remember how many runs we did the first day, but the second day, even though I was sore from the day before, I got something wicked like 12-15 runs in. It was awesome. I think I've actually become kind of addicted to skiing, because ever since I got back I've only wanted to go back on the slopes. It felt so nice getting all that physical activity as well. My muscles were so sore from all of it, but it was a good kind of sore. Maybe I should try and become somewhat active again, no?

Aside from that, Christmas came and went. Surprisingly enough I got a ton of stuff from my wish list. I got my Nixon watch (score!), close to $100 in Starbucks gift cards, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, countless items from American Apparel, and Prospekt's March EP among other gifts. And now that the surprise has come and gone, I don't need to be so secretive about the fact that I gave my sister an iMac for Christmas. Needless to say, it went over very well.

It's been a month since the fam and I moved, and we're just about finished settling in. We were really on the ball at the start of the move, having set up camp within 2 days, but just now we're finally getting around to putting pictures up on the walls. Plus, I finally went down to IKEA and got myself some new things for my room - including lucky bamboo (which is supposed to be near impossible to kill) that is now pretty much dead. Oops.

OK, I'm off to bed. Stay golden, Pony Boy.