Thursday, January 08, 2009

sad robot.

So, I had previously mentioned in a post that I would blog about my new year's resolutions, and this post is that. Instead of trying to join the herd and go on about how I'm planning on making life encompassing changes that will falter at the 2 week mark, I've decided that I'm going to see if I can make small incremental changes that are actually within my control that will benefit my quality of life.

1. Drink more water. I'm hoping that if I increase my water intake that a lot of my problems will go away. Supposedly, if you're thirsty, even if you don't feel like you are, you've already hit the dehydration process. By trying to remain in liquid I'm hoping to boost my energy by diverting the processes that would have gone into dehydration, into remaining healthy. Plus, the benefits of increased water intake for your skin alone are something I'm hoping to achieve.

2. Drink pure coffee once every 2 days and cut back on *$'s to once a week. I had 4 cups of coffee yesterday and that's not good. As much as I love coffee, 4 cups is too much. One delicious cup every 2 days is better than 4 nasty ones every day. As for Starbucks... Well, it's a challenge I'm willing to accept.

3. To try and develop normal sleep patterns. What does this mean? I will no longer pull any all-nighters. This means that I'll have to be on the ball for a lot of school stuff because I really love sleeping.....

4. To go see more films and listen to more albums. As is, I pretty much only go to the movies for the big blockbusters and I rent like.... never. My sister is taking care of the renting problem, and I'm going to try and see more movies this year that aren't big Hollywood blockbusters. As for albums? I know I listen to a ton of music as is, but I pretty much listen to an album once, keep the songs I like and that's it. I would now like to try and give full albums a couple of listens to before I make my verdict.