Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ocean breathes salty.

Well, it finally happened. The U of C screwed me over. UPEI did it a handful of times, and now U of C has perpetrated the act.

I had the next year and a half planned out perfectly. 4 courses each term, all of them required electives in either English or Sociology. I was so close to being done I could taste it! One of my required courses to take was Canadian Lit, but the choices for it were all pretty paltry. I decided to take the offering of Doppelganger in Canadian Fiction (I do love a good Doppelganger). But just last week I received an email from the school detailing how the prof had decided to move to Edmonton and that they were going to cancel the class instead of finding someone else to teach it, and that they were very sorry but I had to take another class in its place. So off I went to check out my PeopleSoft options. The result? All other Canadian Lit courses suck. Big time. I had the option of either electing "The Fur Trade: Fact and Fiction" or "Reframing the Wilderness." It's a required course so I had to pick something. I went with "Reframing the Wilderness."

For the record - I am not impressed.